|Moring Disposal Incorporated was founded in 1977 by Larry Moring of Forreston, Illinois. Starting out with just two older trucks and a small collection route, Mr. Moring has built the business into one of Northwest Illinois' largest and most comprehensive solid waste disposal firms.
Now in our 36th year of operation, Moring Disposal has facilities in Forreston, Freeport, Lanark and Rock Falls, Illinois and employs more than 80 people company wide. With a fleet of over 70 late model collection and waste transfer vehicles, the company serves in excess of 32,000 homes and 4,000 businesses throughout a seven county service area every week
|Contact Us - Click Here
|Moring Disposal, Inc.
Larry Moring, Owner
Denny Pate, General Manager
306 E. Main St. • P.O. Box 158
Forreston, IL 61030
Freeport: (815) 233-9216
Forreston: (815) 938-3602
Rock Falls: 815-622-0500
Special Notices & Holiday Pick up Schedule 2013
Policies & Notices
Rural residential customers are encouraged to have all refuse containers at the curb the evening before your pick up day as trucks start very early in some rural areas.
Residential customers inside city limits can contact Moring Disposal for the start time in your community or put your containers out the evening before your pick up day to assure that you never miss the truck.
- In an effort to protect the health and well-being of our service personnel, all waste material should be placed at the curb in containers or bags not exceeding 35 gallons in capacity and weighing no more than 35 pounds. Waste put out in 55 gallon barrels or a large wheeled cart that is not bagged in the container may be left behind if workers cannot safely unload the containers into the collection vehicle at a loading height of nearly 4 feet.
- It is the responsibility of the homeowner to properly prepare waste at the curb for pick up. Material should be in sealed bags and if put out over night, it is highly recommended that sealed bags are also placed in a covered refuse container to avoid animal messes and blowing material.
- Rural customers are allowed up to 5 - 35 gallon bags or containers. In City residents should check with City Hall or Moring Disposal on what the set out limit in your community is.
Moring Disposal has fully implemented single sort recycling in all service areas. There is no sorting of your recyclables necessary. Simply rinse all containers as usual and break down all boxes. You may see a recycling curb sorter truck, packer truck or a side load truck or even one of our new 2 sort trucks collecting your recyclables. Be assured that Moring Disposal is 100% committed to making your recycling program a success and your recyclables are being handled properly. Check our recycling section for a general outline of recycling programs in the communities that we serve.
2013 Holiday Pick Up Schedule
- Week of May 27 – Collections will run a day behind for the entire week due to the Memorial Day holiday.
- Week of July 1st – Collections will run a day behind for the Thursday and Friday pick ups due to the Thursday Independence Day holiday.
- Week of September 2nd – Collections will run a day behind for the entire week due to the Labor Day holiday.
- Week of November 28th – Collections will run a day behind for the Thursday and Friday pick ups due to the Thursday Thanksgiving holiday.
- Weeks of December 23rd and December 30th, 2013 - Collections will run a day behind following both Christmas and New Years for the Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday pick ups due to the Wednesday holidays.